Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bernina spool question

Bernina spool question

Hi ladies. I get this mixed up constantly. I know the manual says that the threads are supposed to unwind clockwise. Now is that if I take the thread when it's on the horizontal spool pin and pull it that the spool itself is unwinding counterclockwise???

Wanamingo, MN
    Put the spool on horizontally and have the thread come over the top.
    Sandra B

And why is that, please? To reduce lint buildup?

I don't remember ever seeing that mentioned in my Bernina manual, but that doesn't mean it's not in there somewhere. I know the bobbin has to unwind clockwise, but the upper spool direction is news to me. Is it the same for both S and Z twist threads?
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

England Alton Towers
    Blog Entries
    The spindle you use has something to do with the method used for winding the thread on spool. I think the both come off easily if winding from the top. O use a big cone and it makes n difference as they both have to go up up and away t the machine first.
    I think some berninas are very fussy while another is laid back and doesn't care.my machine is not fussy at all I have friends who have to be very careful.
    Finished is better than a UFO