Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Berninas are good, no?

I have had a Bernina (Model #1090) for 17 years. I have never, ever had one minutes problem with it. Yes, they are expensive, but you get what you pay for. Love mine!
    Debby...Momm to Bogie, Phredd (ATB 10/1/12) & Bobb (ATB 12/10/12)

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...9EEF7B0639.png

Blog Entries
    I still use my old Bernina 830 Record (from around 1972) - Have made many quilts on this wonderful machine. Next I bought a used Bernina Artista 165 on ebay and I love that one. Next came the Bernina 1230 which is awesome (also used, on ebay.) I have a newer Babylock and it is a good machine but doesn't hold a candle to any of the Berninas!! All 4 machines have their own tables and are always "set up, ready to go." Each one seems to have developed its own special area of expertise!!

My besty works for a Bernina dealer. She says Berninas are in the shop more than every other brand out there and they are expensive to fix. Kinda like a Volkswagon.
    Laura

I think what brand of sewing machine you think is best is determined by each individual. we all like different things. I have owned a bernina, a viking , a kenmore ect. right now I have two brothers one is an embroidery machine -sewing machine and two pfaffs. I would not trade my pfaffs for any of the above. I think the best way to determine what you want is to try it out. two hundred dollars is a very good price for a bernina and if you try it out and you like it then I would say go ahead and buy it. if you decide later to make a larger investment go from place to place and try each machine out. that is what I did and was very surprised at the difference between machines.
    http://ncfabricjunkie.blogspot.com

I have a Bernina 1080 and love it! I got it new in 1995.

Bernina is a good machine! I have a combo. Mine is a 640.
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, and 4 crazy cats!

i have had my bernina 1260 for 17 years and i have sewn for a living on this machine... never even took it in to be cleaned ... i clean and oil it myself, but a few months ago i decided to have cleaned at my bernina dealer while taking a class and the man said he has never seen a 17 year old machine in such good condition...it dident need a thing done to it and it has never given me an ounce of trouble...my bernina is my baby lol i would never buy anything else.....

Blog Entries
    I sold Bernina sewing machines for several years. I love my machine. You will have access and support of a dealer if needed. Good choice.

I have a Bernina 1130 It sews great came with lots of feet. I got it at goodwill it said does not work all that was wrong was the foot pad and my son fixed the broken wire so for $9.98 I have a great machine

Blog Entries
    Bernina users are a very loyal bunch. If the machine likes you and you like the machine, then from all accounts, you can't go wrong with it.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast