Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best All Purpose Table

I do all my cutting on the kitchen island, just the right height for me, the bit of walking that I have to do is good for me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by morelcabin View Post
    My dream if I had more room, would be a two tier table, one side at about a 25"-27" height for my sewing machine, and one part waist high as a cutting table, with a flip up side or back on the sewing part for when I quilt so it can hold my quilt without me having to tug it up from the floor all the time
    Good Morning: Check JoAnn's. I got the Sew Essentials Quilters Design Table, #1848746. I love it. It is not oak or walnut or anything, but it fulfills what I need. It is about 47" long, 30" or so deep. (That's Open), It folds down to 15" deep. There is an area for your sewing machine, a small drawer, a cupboard that has two shelves and another shelf in the knee hole. I got it for $100 and something with the coupon. I have had it for over two years now. When I close it up, I put the sewing machine on the floor, shut the door, put the brakes on the wheels and I can put a cloth over the top and no one would ever know that I have my whole sewing room (not counting stash) in this little area. You can google Sew Essentials Quilters Design Table. Pops right up! The only thing I don't like is the edges of where the sewing machine goes. Sharp edges. Miss Bess likes to sit by me and will lift her head up and ZAPPO, she gets a conk on the noggin! Big dog! I have a very small area to work in, but I have worked out a little sewing station for me here with a little table and the ironing board (which has to be taken down when not in use - or I can use my Cut 'n Press on my little table when I iron seams. Big ironing board for ironing rows. Works. We are so adaptable. Good luck! Edie
    Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltyfeelings View Post
    I did the same thing only I use bed risers.
    I did the same thing, that way I could fold it up when using...I have very little space.

Blog Entries
    There is a neat 2 x 4 ft table with adjustable heights that folds in half for storage. I have two that I use by my sewing machine for quilting large quilts. Four of these tables would make an awesome large work table at convenient heights. They are at Sam's club for $36 each. Otherwise, in my garage workshop I have two sawhorses set up with scrap doors on them to raise my workspace to a comfortable height. On top of all of this I have a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood and use this for basting my extra large quilts. Works super. I use both systems.

I remedied that by buying a set of bed risers to put under the legs of a banquet table. Taller when I need it for cutting, etc. and remove them to use as a regular table again.

I bought an IKEA table that I really like for my cutting area. We cut 4 inches off the legs and added big casters. The drawers are very large.
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/14631607/
    The only bad thing is you have to put it together, and the top was very rough, so I had to varnish and sand it about 4 times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2