Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Battingfor Tablerunner

Blog Entries
    What do you prefer to use for tablerunners? I normally use at least a mid-loft batt as I like a lot of fullness in my quilts, but am wondering whatyou all think works best for tablerunners. I know my mom won't have it on the table during dinner, but there is still the possibility that something could get spilled on it and it would need to be washed. Possibly more than something like a wallhanging. TIA

Blog Entries
    I like a flat batting, so that items can't rock when placed on top of them, or sink in.
    Warm and Natural washes and wears well :D:D:D

I stopped using traditional batting for table runners and placemats. I use "ultra firm". Think of it as a very very thin material that is used in the "beak?" of a ball cap? I bought it a Wal-Mart. Other places have it under different names. It washes (I've tried placemats so far) beautifully. Everything goes back to perfectly flat and looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    I like a flat batting, so that items can't rock when placed on top of them, or sink in.
    Warm and Natural washes and wears well :D:D:D
    I do too and W&N is what I always us. Hasn't failed me yet!

Blog Entries
    Warm & Natural (or warm and white) for me too. If you want it really thin, consider flannel as batting.

Joanne's sells something by the yard, bond-able on one side, some type of fleece, that says it's made for place mats and table runners. I love the stuff, bought a full bolt with my 50% off coupon.

I like warm and natural or warm and white ... Just pre-shrink it ! I like my runners to look the same as the day I finished them.
    Not a fan of thicker battings for the tipping issue . The flatter battings will allow for a glass to rest on it without rocking.

Blog Entries
    with my family i use fannel if fannel is to thin i double it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori S
    I like warm and natural or warm and white ... Just pre-shrink it ! I like my runners to look the same as the day I finished them.
    Not a fan of thicker battings for the tipping issue . The flatter battings will allow for a glass to rest on it without rocking.
    How do you usually preshrink it? Just run through the machine? Seems that would be a bit rough even on the gentle cycle.

Banned
    I use thermore type battings/interfacing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast