Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Best brand of Templates? >

Best brand of Templates?

Best brand of Templates?

Old 11-11-2016, 06:34 AM

For straight measuring and rotary cutting, I do not believe you can do better than the Quilters Select rulers made by Floriani. They absolutely DO NOIT SLIP. I had used Creative Grids (marketed as non-slip but they do move) until I found these...............

For technique tools (specialty cuts like a diamond in a square, for peaky & spike types, etc.) I think Deb Tucker's tools are the very best for accuracy. You can view her items and watch videos on how to use each on her website - deb tuckers studio 180 design.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by joyce888 View Post
I like Deb Tucker rulers. She is always coming up with different ways to use them. I have almost everyone.
I LOVE THESE TOOLS!!! and I do have EVERY SINGLE ONE..........everything matches perfectly when I use these.......read that no frustration, happier quilter!
Old 11-11-2016, 07:59 AM

I buy whatever type I need. I am not wedded to a particular brand.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:16 AM

I prefer the frosted Olfa rulers and for specialty block units I absolutely love the Deb Tucker rulers.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
I'm not sure there is a "best" brand of templates. I have different brands and like each one for different reasons. My recent favorites are the Easy Angle and Companion Angle rulers for making HSTs and Flying Geese. Those come out very precise without having to trim - at least that is my experience.
Thats amazing! Those two were the "first" ones I bought when I started this journey.....and still love them, these many years later......but I must say, I have added "quite a few" to my collection over time.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

For straight measuring and rotary cutting, I do not believe you can do better than the Quilters Select rulers made by Floriani. They absolutely DO NOIT SLIP.
I was told the Quilter's Select rulers only work for the non slip using the Quilter's Select mat? Alex Anderson calls it 'the trick'.