Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Best Embroidery Machine

I was wondering what kind of stand alone embroidery machine is recommended or else discouraged. What is your experience with certain makes and models? I would appreciate any advice you could give. Thanks for your input! :?:

I have a Brother and love it. If I had to purchase another one, I would make sure it clipped the jump stitches. That's the only thing I wish mine did, it's a single needle machine.

Tcharlie

Blog Entries
    What price range are you looking at? The Janome 350E is an awesome machine and has USB connection so you can load from your computer onto a thumb drive and take advantage of the many free designs on the net. Not sure of price.

You might also check ebay. There is a seller - easyterms - who usually has free shipping and is really awesome.

Good luck. I love doing machine embroidery.

If you are looking at a multi-needle machine, check out SWF for their pre-owned machines. You can get a 15 needle for the price of a new Brother or Babylock 10 needle.

I'm looking for a machine in the $500 to $800 range. I am thinking maybe I can purchase a used one after Christmas from someone who updated.... I definitely prefer one that has the capabilties of downloading patterns "painlessly" from the internet.

Blog Entries
    If you can find a Janome 5000, it embroideries beautigully anf I have seen them in your price range.

I just ordered the Brother PE 770. Don't have it yet, but will let you know at a future date after I use it for a while. It is in your price bracket. It will only embroider, not regular sewing.

Thanks. I will look forward to hearing from you... Sounds like fun days ahead!