Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: best night of sleep ever!

This is kinda a long story, so I will try and keep it to the point. I have been machine quilting for about a year and love it. I have always been afraid to try hand piecing. it seemed so hard and well.... slow. my adhd brain and slow work do not go together. But after a marathon weekend of machine quilting a scrappy quilt I was quickly approaching burn out land. Long story short.... I thought I would attempt a few cathedral window blocks ... by hand .
    :shock:

drum roll please......
    I loved it! It was so much fun and relaxing. It made my brain slow down and focus on one task. I was in the zone :D I was so blissed out that as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out like a light. no more tossing and turning waiting for my brain to turn off.
    I'm in love!

Good for you, that you tried the cathedral window blocks. They can be so gorgeous!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    That's great!!! Sometimes we need to slow it down and it sounds like you found a way!! :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by kedougou
    This is kinda a long story, so I will try and keep it to the point. I have been machine quilting for about a year and love it. I have always been afraid to try hand piecing. it seemed so hard and well.... slow. my adhd brain and slow work do not go together. But after a marathon weekend of machine quilting a scrappy quilt I was quickly approaching burn out land. Long story short.... I thought I would attempt a few cathedral window blocks ... by hand .
    :shock:

drum roll please......
    I loved it! It was so much fun and relaxing. It made my brain slow down and focus on one task. I was in the zone :D I was so blissed out that as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out like a light. no more tossing and turning waiting for my brain to turn off.
    I'm in love!
    I know what you mean. I am busy making a sampler quilt and although the blocks are machine pieced I am hand quilting it. I find the hand sewing so relaxing. i have made one or two hand pieced blocks but usually I am in a hurry and have a deadline.

So pleased you enjoyed hand sewing, try hand quilting next.

Canny

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    Now that's what I call a happy ending!!

Yeah!! :thumbup: Cathedral Windows are so pretty, some day. .. I will attempt them!!

BUCKET LIST!! :thumbup:

Thanks for all the encouragement. The cathedral windows are a black background. I'm going to put in red, orange, and yellow "glass" in a kinda sunset vibe. The dark reds in the center working my way out to pale yellows. I'll try to post some pics of my progress this afternoon.

Good for you.

Good for you! Hand quilting is relaxing to me too.

So glad you find hand stitching to be relaxing. I agree 100%

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast