Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Best Online Place for Sewing Machines? >

Best Online Place for Sewing Machines?

Best Online Place for Sewing Machines?

Old 01-12-2015, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by nabobw View Post
Sorry but the cost of those machines I would not buy from anyone but a dealer used or new
I agree in principle - way too much money to buy from an unknown ebay seller. I bought my new Brother from Allbrands over the internet, with a warranty (excellent service from them) - so if you have machine experience you can save money buying from an actual machine supplier like Allbrands, Ken's, or an actual reputable dealer who sells over the internet - but if you feel you need training, probably need to go with a local dealer. Just my opinion...
Old 01-12-2015, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by bizzibee View Post
I am drooling over the Viking Husqvarna Sapphire machine but the only place close to me that sells them is JoAnne's. I would like to know where you would buy a new or used machine on-line?
Buying a Sapphire at JoAnn's is a great idea, there will be a Viking Gallery. You'll have access to classes and dealer support. Its a separate store from JoAnn's, think of it as a store within a store. I used to work at one in Austin,Texas.
Sharon
Old 01-12-2015, 01:37 PM

Default Is there a specific Sapphire model you are looking to purchase?

Originally Posted by bizzibee View Post
I am drooling over the Viking Husqvarna Sapphire machine but the only place close to me that sells them is JoAnne's. I would like to know where you would buy a new or used machine on-line?
I have a Viking Sapphire 875 Quilt machine that has only been used six or seven times. I have used a Pfaff since the 1970s and thought I could easily make the transition. The machine is pristine. I live in Lancaster County, PA and about one year after buying the Sapphire (and not using it) I impulsively bought a new Pfaff at the AQS show at a good price. Now I feel back in my comfort zone.

I purchased the machine at JoAnn near Towson/Hunt Valley, MD. I paid a bit over $2,000 if I remember correctly. It is sitting idle at the end of my sewing table waiting for me to find it a new home where it will be loved. I do not want very much $ for it so this could be wonderful for someone in the market. Will send pics if interested. I am thinking it is 5-6 years old and only hemmed pants and made a pillow and some pillow cases!
Old 01-12-2015, 01:53 PM

I bought an expensive machine from sewingmachinesplus online and got horrible customer service. I actually ended up selling the machine (nothing wrong with it, just dishonesty on what was included with it, and not knowing how to operate it) and buying one from a local dealer.

They would not return email, phone calls, and actually had a service tech lie and say he called me after I sat by the phone all day waiting for him to do so. It was a really silly thing that time -- I just had to push the pedal to make the setting change take effect, but being a new sewer and not wanting to "break" my new machine I had called and asked for advice.

Anyhow, it was several issues with them, and I would advise going local too!
Old 01-12-2015, 03:02 PM

I also, would buy high-end machines from a dealer. In fact I just bought a lower priced (hah!) Bernina from my LQS/dealer of Berninas and Janomes. Good luck in shopping and deciding which way you want to go.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:15 PM
Power Poster

Ed Reichert in Phoenix AZ. Mail ordered my Juki from them, as their prices were great.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:35 PM

Bought both my ULT 2002 and Juki 2000 online. No regrets! Have had the Brother serviced at an authorized dealer with no problems. Even if I would have had to send it back I still would be money ahead, cost less then half at the dealer
Old 01-15-2015, 06:25 AM

AllBrands is a great online company to deal with! They have good prices and excellent customer service! I had a problem with one I'd purchased from them (& had in hand 2 days later!), and they told me where to take it. When I got there, they already knew the problem and wheeled it right back to the man who does maintenance and took care of it for me. It was just an adjustment inside. They even honored the warranty although it was out a month prior!