Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Best place to buy Ecolux LED light?

Best place to buy Ecolux LED light?

I'm taking an online Craftsy FMQ course and the Ecolux 6 LED light was highly recommended to shine light on your sewing area (sticks under the arm of the machine). The "kit" lists at $75 (this includes the power assembly, which could be transferred to another machine if you buy another light).

Anyway, I'm planning to put this on my Christmas list but would like to recommend the best place to buy it. Is it discounted anywhere?

Thanks in advance!
    marcia

To be a good sewer, you have to be a good ripper.

I haven't seen it on sale anywhere. I got mine at www.cottonclub.com awhile back and I love it. I need all the light I can get.

Blog Entries
    I ordered one from the Ecolux website. I haven't noticed any sales on them anywhere. Get the 6 light set for anything other then a Featherweight.
    Got fabric?

Banned
    I just checked The Cotton Club and they have a bit of a discount as an intro price
    Also try Best Buy

I had to buy mine from Ecolux. Nancy's Notions has it, my local dealer had it, but not in the configuration I need.
    I needed the 4 light for a 2170.

Blog Entries
    There is a less expensive do-it-yourself alternative that costs $20 to $30. Here is a Youtube video explaining it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNRoI...ure=plpp_video

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much, Prism. That is certainly doable! My Christmas present to me!
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

I was wondering it seems to me that the shadow at the foot (where I NEED light) is still there.Even on the long arm that was shown the place you need light was still in shadow. I don't care what I've already quilted. It's done. Am I just being silly?

Blog Entries
    No, that's not silly, especially when sewing blacks! or trying to spear an intersection. You're right I need it just there, too. I just tried bending the bendable bright light so it shines under there and that does work well! Thanks for the reminder!

Quote Originally Posted by Toni C View Post
    I was wondering it seems to me that the shadow at the foot (where I NEED light) is still there.Even on the long arm that was shown the place you need light was still in shadow. I don't care what I've already quilted. It's done. Am I just being silly?
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    There is a less expensive do-it-yourself alternative that costs $20 to $30. Here is a Youtube video explaining it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNRoI...ure=plpp_video
    Wow, that's a great idea! We've ordered some parts and will let you know how it works out. Thanks so much!
    marcia

To be a good sewer, you have to be a good ripper.