Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Best pressing station >

Best pressing station

Best pressing station

Old 12-31-2016, 06:29 AM

We had an old entertainment center with drawers, a drawer that held video tapes, and a cubby hole with doors. We cut in down to my comfortable height, but the top back on. He cut a piece of plywood to fit the top, put cletes made from 1 x 2's, so it stands up a little. I covered it with batting and Teflex. I slide my rotating cutting board under the ironing board part. The video tape drawer holds patterns, the drawers hold material, and the cubby holds one of my extra sewing machines. You can buy these entertainment centers for as low as $10.00 at second hand stores around here. It is a nice piece of furniture and it is on wheels so we can move it to clean. He also put handles on the ironing board part so it is easy to move.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:40 AM

Great ideas.
My pictures came in upside down. I right-clicked on them, clicked on "view image", and they came in right side up.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by eastslopequilter View Post
We had an old entertainment center with drawers, a drawer that held video tapes, and a cubby hole with doors. We cut in down to my comfortable height, but the top back on. He cut a piece of plywood to fit the top, put cletes made from 1 x 2's, so it stands up a little. I covered it with batting and Teflex. I slide my rotating cutting board under the ironing board part. The video tape drawer holds patterns, the drawers hold material, and the cubby holds one of my extra sewing machines. You can buy these entertainment centers for as low as $10.00 at second hand stores around here. It is a nice piece of furniture and it is on wheels so we can move it to clean. He also put handles on the ironing board part so it is easy to move.
Photos, Please? I can't picture it in my head.

bkay
Old 12-31-2016, 11:07 AM

I used 2 cabinet bases with a door for the top then I had a custom wool pad made for my pressing station. It's the best money I've ever spent. Embroidery FX in Tenn was the company name. She also has small pressing mats which are great also. I then covered it with muslin so I could wash as needed.