Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
best quilting sewing machine >

best quilting sewing machine

best quilting sewing machine

Old 06-02-2008, 05:00 AM

Just like KINKAJOU, I love the IDT built in walking foot which I believe is unique to Pfaff machines. I had a Husqvarna 750, which was a really nice machine, but I traded it for a Pfaff Expression 2038, simply because I wanted that built in walking foot. It is an amazing feature. I believe I paid about $1600 for my Pfaff in Fall 2007. Then I recently purchased the Pfaff Fab-U-Motion table with stitch regulator for machine quilting. It attaches to my machine and makes free motion quilting very "do-able". Nita
Old 06-02-2008, 05:24 AM

I love my elna Quilter's Dream 7200. Large throat, thread cutter, up/down feature, automatic threader(I don't use, don't like them)although I'm way over 30, lots of stitches, etc.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:05 AM

I agree that you need to go to different shops and try them out. Features on a machine are what sell me. I too, love the auto needle threader. And the needle down feature is a must for me. Large throat is great if you are going to do alot of machine quilting. I've been thru many brands and have to say, I've loved them all. I sew about 10-12 hours a day.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:37 AM

Hi Tricia, I thot I was the only one who sewed till the wee hours of the morning. Living alone, I can sleep till noon if I like.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:33 PM

Since this is a business for me, I work constantly. I'm starting to get to a point where special orders are about 4-5 weeks out. I mailed 7 packages of items today and last week about 20 went out. That seems to take up as much time as the quilting does anymore!! I try to quit sewing around 10:30 - 11:00 at nite. Then I sit in front of the tv and try to get some of the hand stuff done!!! I'm so glad I love it.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:44 PM

cheapest runs great at wm say 189.00 i know sometimes that's high but keep her clean and she's as good a quilter as any of them and I have mmmmm, Lots that cost more but my handsome park ranger Brother is a wonder to behold& does the quilting too if wanted and is computerized needle up/down, like i say I Love him and also his Brother in my art studio even though I have soooo much to choose from. His Brother did cost more and I do quilting in there. 8)
Old 08-28-2011, 08:14 AM

Sewing machines are like car's everyone likes theirs. I have had many different machines over the years.

White, Singer, Elna, Brothers and now I have (3) baby locks.
One is the Decorators Choice, that I take to my classes, love it. Then I have the Quilter's choice that I use for most of my sewing at home. Also have my big machine the Baby Lock Ellisimo, love that one also. I do mostly embroidery on that, since I have two machines in my sewing room, it is easier not to have to change the foot on my big machine to sew.

It is best to go to different shop's try out all the various types, see what feels right to you.

Most of the people that I go to quilt class with have Bernina's Jermone, a lot of them have the little baby feather weight's. Everyone loves their machines.

For me, it is Baby Lock, but for you it might be something else.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:56 PM

I would recommend the Janome 6600, or the Horizon by Janome. Both have the larger harp and has all the bells and whistles you could ask for.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:51 AM

I have a Janome 6600 Similar to the 6500. It is a workhorse. I've never seen a bad review on it. Takes all threads. It has a larger throat 9", Needle threader, cutter, needle up and down an integrated walking foot. . Has some many decorative stitches that I probably could do without, although i do have fun with them. I can very highly recommend it.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:23 AM

Hands down best machine for features and price, Janome. The other machines you mentioned are great machines, but to stay in your price range, you would have to give it in some features that come on the Janome. When I was looking, I talked with two machine technicians......janomes are well made and don't show up in repair shop as often as other brands. I purchased a Janome 15000 and love it. I also have a Skyline 7 with auto foot lift..love that one too. Happy hunting!