Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Best of two machines.

Blog Entries

Best of two machines.

I have two machines, a Viking 875Q and a anime 6600P. I love them both, but I wish I could combine features from both of them into one, then I would have a fabulous machine that does everything. LOL

Blog Entries
    I have always wondered why someone (a sewer and a quilter) haven't put their heads together and made a machine with all the features in one. There's an idea for someone to make their first million!

I think one of the old machines (think 66 Singer or 301 Singer) upgraded to a lot of fancy stitches and with some extra bed space on it would be awesome...and you could probably make one for way less than the thousands the newer ones cost. (And make a lot of quilters happy!) Oh yes, it would also need an oversize bobbin in it...okay, any takers?
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Blog Entries
    I really like that oversized bobbin suggestion.
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

Yes! Let's do it!

Blog Entries
    Would love to see this happen for sure!
    Bonnie

Not an oversized bobbin... an endless bobbin!! I want a cone of thread instead of a bobbin.
    Warning! If someone comes to your door telling you they are from the government and they're checking to see how bad the ticks are in your area, and then tell you to take off your clothes and dance around so they can check for ticks.... DON'T DO IT!!! This is a scam! They just want to see you naked! I wish someone had told me this yesterday, I feel so stupid.
    http://www.quiltdasher.blogspot.com/...bel/long%20arm

Bernina did ask their customers what they wanted in a machine, and the result was the 830. However, they forgot to mention they wanted a machine with an affordable price tag. LOL I broke into my piggy bank and bought the 820 which is only missing the embroidery feature of the 830. After sewing on it, I feel like I will never want another machine as it has every feature I ever wanted.