Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Betty Bridge and Supreme Slider--Difference in actual product? >

Betty Bridge and Supreme Slider--Difference in actual product?

Betty Bridge and Supreme Slider--Difference in actual product?

Old 03-21-2014, 04:32 PM

Default Betty Bridge and Supreme Slider--Difference in actual product?

Saw this in a catalog
http://www.steadybetty.com/products/betty-bridge

I've used the pink Slider for this but am wondering if the bridge is any better. It sure is less expensive.

Anyone used both?
Old 03-21-2014, 05:45 PM
Power Poster

They are different products. The Supreme Slider is meant for free motion quilting and extends all around the needle area of the sewing machine. The Betty Bridge just extends from the sewing machine bed toward you for a little ways. If your machine is recessed into a table, there is usually a small gap in height between the sewing machine bed and the table or the table insert, and when you're piecing the seams often get flipped because of this. I have started putting a piece of painter's tape across that area to eliminate the problem, but thanks to you I know now about the Betty Bridge and may try that instead. (I suspect that the tape does just as good a job - but it has to be stuck on and off every time I clean the machine or change the bobbin, and a wider bridge would probably do a better job.)
Old 03-22-2014, 07:12 AM

I was thinking the same thing dunster, I've used my Supreme Slider for a bridge too, and the painters tape
Since the Bridges are inexpensive and self sticky, I'm wondering if they are only good for one stick? Do they need replaced after a few bobbin changes because they quit sticking?
I think I'll email the inventor Betty, ask her to come here and enlighten us!
Old 03-22-2014, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

I would think it has the same stickiness as those exercise mats for Yoga.....
Old 03-22-2014, 07:56 AM
Power Poster

The Supreme Slider stays my Brother 1500 all the time. It smooths out all the creases and bumps from the throat plate, and bobbin compartment as well as makes the fabric glide over the bed. It also protects the surface of the extension table.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:03 AM
Power Poster

I went to order the Betty Bridge to try it out but cancelled the order. The cost of the product is $4.99. The cost to mail it is $7.85. Shipping from Texas, this is ridiculous.

Every quilt shop in my area I called asking about it said HUH? Never heard of such a thing and laughed. Even the owners. That's okay. I just gave my money to someplace else. http://www.premiumsewingoutlet.com/betty-bridge-pack/

Last edited by Onebyone; 03-22-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:43 AM

It was Keepsake Quilting catalog where I saw it.
I called them yesterday and of course the phone people barely know what a quilt is
Old 03-22-2014, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
The Supreme Slider stays my Brother 1500 all the time. It smooths out all the creases and bumps from the throat plate, and bobbin compartment as well as makes the fabric glide over the bed. It also protects the surface of the extension table.
That sounds like a good plan but won't work for me. I have the big supreme Slider but it covers the bobbin compartment on my Janome so I have to get it off whenever I change the bobbin. That is a big nuisance! I HATE changing bobbins anyway so having the SLider in the way is worse. I also need to undo the Slider if I change the throat plate. So I only use the Slider for FMQ.

Where is your bobbin compartment?
Old 03-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Power Poster

call or email the shop. I did that with too much shipping and got the cost down!
Old 03-23-2014, 10:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
call or email the shop. I did that with too much shipping and got the cost down!

No I won't do that with my time, I'll buy elsewhere. I usually buy from Amazon as I have free two day shipping on any prime purchase, so that is weighed with the cost of two day shipping elsewhere, but sometimes new quilt items aren't in stock yet.