Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Big Foot/ Little foot

Do any of you have either of these presser feet, how do you like it, and if so , do you like it more than the one that came with your machine. Is it worth the investment

I have the big foot and I love it. I also modified it so it doesn't "hop" and I like that too. Got the idea from Leah Day on her blog.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I modified the foot that came with my machine to be open toed and to not hop with instructions from Leah Day. Open toe is much better for me. Now if I could just get some nice stitches going!

Blog Entries
    How do you keep it from hopping? I keep thinking I need more caffeine just to watch it!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    On mine (and on Leah's) there was a little bar that rested on the screw that holds the needle. Bend it back and then use a rubber band to hold the foot down as much as you need.

Here is a video of her doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APD6s7PwoqU

I have the big foot and a smaller meteal one that I can't see where I have been when stitching. Bought the big foot a few days ago and love it. tonight, in fact it was less than 15 minutes ago I stepped on it and almost broke it so becareful if it should fall on the floor. Thank God it did not break. That's an expensive hunk of plastic. I need it for my thread painting that I have been working on . I've got two cats on it almost done. I posted pictures awhile back. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay

Blog Entries
    I love the little foot for piecing but never did like the big foot. I like the foot that came with my machine. However, I have a little foot for every machine I own.

i have 2 big feet (one high shank and one low shank) and i have 1 little foot and i love them both.

i would buy them again in a heart beat (i guess thats why i purchased a big foot for each of my machines)

Funny, how Lisa just posted Leah Day's video, because I have been eyeballing my darning foot and wondering why I couldn't cut the front out of it so I can see better just what I am doing and, voila, there is my answer, I can do it, Leah says so, so I am off to find my cutters. Hoorah! Thank you Lisa.

I don't have a big foot - I like the open toe on mine. Back when I was ordering mine I asked here and the general consensus was small, clear plastic, open toe with a spring. So that was exactly what I got and I love it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast