Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A Big Thank You >

A Big Thank You

A Big Thank You

Old 12-19-2011, 05:25 PM

Default A Big Thank You

Over a year ago I joined this group. I purchased a member's stash which included scraps and all kinds of fabrics. I don't remember who it was, shame on me; but if that member reads this and recalls the sale then this thank you is for you. I have recently sorted out all those little pieces, carefully ironed and placed them together. I just read about making a "crumb quilt." This collection of scraps just confirms what I've always believed, don't throw away your scraps. My new rule is if it is smaller than a quarter then let it go; otherwise it will eventually become part of a quilt. Quilting has to be the only craft that gives me a warm family feeling. Thanks to all the super people I've met on this board.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:31 PM

Thanks for the post. This really is a wonderful place to hang out with all the talented and caring people here. I will have to look up "crumb quilt". I have heard of it but haven't seen one.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:40 AM

I'm new to this board and I love it. It has a warm, friendly feeling. Years ago when I was going cancer treatment (at the ripe old age of 41) I fell in with a group quilters and found so much support and love. One of the ladies was one of my mother's best friends and invited me to come to help tie a big quilt on a frame. They were so patient with my fumbling fingers! I got better and life got rolling along, raising my four kids and all ... quilting got left behind. I just got back into it this year and found this board. I love the feeling of community here. People seem to really care about each other even though they are miles and miles away from each other and may never meet in person.

Peace & love, Holly
Old 12-20-2011, 03:37 PM

Re: scraps that are the size of a quarter or smaller - don't throw them away. I keep a bag of those smaller pieces and use it to stuff dog beds for the humane shelter. Even batting pieces go in there.