Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Binding foot help >

Binding foot help

Binding foot help

Old 03-28-2011, 08:58 PM

When I got my new machine, Janome 7700, I bought the binding foot. I have it attached to the machine and adjusted and it is working great for the straight aways, it folds the fabric to make double fold bias, but how do you do the corners?

Please tell me I didn't waste my money.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:36 PM

I don't have that but here's a website I found:
http://janomelife.wordpress.com/2010...-quilt-binder/

I could have sworn I saw something about it on the sew4home website but can't find it now.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:55 AM

I have also bought the binding tool for the Janome 7700 but have not used it yet. I have no idea how to do the corners...I wish there was a good video on it. There also is no video on how to use the monogram. Wish there was a blog out there with good tips and tricks on the 7700...and I have tried the yahoo groups and others so far nothing that great for how to use the different features. Jamone really should do more tutorials...its a great machine and I think they would be able to sell more if they provided more info and videos. I love to do my FMQ'ing on it....very easy and its does not take up room like a long arm.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by gale
I don't have that but here's a website I found:
http://janomelife.wordpress.com/2010...-quilt-binder/

I could have sworn I saw something about it on the sew4home website but can't find it now.

I don't have that binder foot. From the link above I would combine both their instructions and the normal instructions for having a mitered corner. I believe that there is a tutorial here at QB. If not I believe there a several You Tube videos. It's the process of sewing to the end, then flipping for the corner and thenfolding the binding back, then starting to sewing the binding again. The binding is just pulled out through the foot to have enough for flipping and folding then moved back to continue sewing.

I hope this makes sense.

Pam M
Old 03-29-2011, 02:12 AM

I have one also but do not know how to use it. I will watch and learn with you as I'm sure someone out there is going to teach us.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:59 AM

I was wondering if I should buy one of these.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:27 AM

I purchased a binding foot today so this question has been of some help. I think I will email Janome and ask if they can be a bit more proactive and make video's of how to use the foot.
Their manual's also have so much information missing out of them. I don't think it is enough that they sell their machines they need to back up the people that buy them to get the most out of the machines.
The link above should be on their main site ..
Old 03-29-2011, 06:22 PM

I used the foot and it turned out okay. The key is to go slow and my corners are not perfect, but hey it was my first time using it. I think it is worth the investment as I am not a good hand sewer to make the binding look just so.

Thanks for the link it was of great use!!!