Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Binding >

Binding

Binding

Old 01-12-2015, 03:22 PM

Default Binding

Ok - I have to admit - I LOVE binding my quilts. I never thought I would say it...but it is SOOOO the best part! Mostly because it is the last part. And that means I am almost finished and can wash it and give it away - or wash it and cuddle with a dog under it - because I can start a new one and because I can sew it without struggling to push a quilt through my machine - because I can start planning my next quilt. Because I understand now how to join the ends (thank you to many on the board- how easy!! Overlap by the width of your binding and you are good to go!).

I used to dread it - but now I love it....just like the sandwiching part. It amazes me that such a small change in something like a big roll of batting half price at Joann's or a new way to join binding makes all the difference in the world.

What have you learned that caused you to go from dreading something to loving it?
Old 01-12-2015, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

I am getting ready to work on a QAYG (quilt as you go). I've been watching some old videos of Georgia Bonesteel. There are also some with sashing. Anxious to get to that part and will rewatch probably a few more times before I'm finished. I picked up one of her books at an estate sale. I look for those just incase. They have great instructions and templates and patterns. But the videos are a big help. I also check out the binding videos. I'm a visual and hands on person.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:30 PM
Power Poster

Finishing up another repair. Friend said to do what I want and could with it. Birthing it!