Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Binding? >

Binding?

Binding?

Old 04-17-2017, 06:49 AM

I agree that the fabric on the right seems quite orange but it may just be my computer screen. I think your binding would be nice with the red mitten fabric.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:01 AM

Often when I can't pick just one color, I go for a stripe....
Old 04-18-2017, 06:47 AM

I think that reds and beiges can be the hardest colors to match. I might go completely different. Find a tiny print that has many of the colors (including the blues and greens). I bound a black quilt with primary color stars with a piece of fabric that I had in my stash - no idea why I bought it, must have been a clearance sale!). To look at it, it was a black background with multi colored stained glass crosses (not even as nice as that might sound). But, when I cut it thin for the binding, it was perfect. It had just enough spots of bright colors to blend with the stars and yet enough black background to calm it down. I think you might get the same effect with a christmas print that has the reds, green, blues on a rusty brown background. And the bit darker might give it a nice edge to frame your top.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:07 AM

I agree with MadQuilter. The red and blue would be great. I also think outlining the gloves would make them pop even more. You could try basting around one of them to see the effect before you machine quilt them.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:53 AM

I don't care much for doing a green binding, think sticking with red is the ticket. Moda's Marbles is a good suggestion, but the fabric you posted looks good on my monitor too. I love creating the Trapunto effect so keep that by all means. You do beautiful work and I always take great delight in reading your posts.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:36 AM

I think you could go either red, blue or green for the binding and it would look good. I don't like the orange-y red (on my screen) at all. A stripe with any or all of those colors especially if you did a bias binding would be very cute.

I don't think I'd quilt around the motifs unless you used the method Rob mentioned. I like the puffiness.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:04 PM

A blue to match the blue mitten would be nice.