So I have been sewing now since August and during that time I have made 5 quilts. Each one I feel that I am getting better and better but I am finding binding really difficult. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I have watched the Sharon Schamber method of using glue this time and it seems to have helped but I'm still having issues.
I found making my strips 2 and 1/4 inch doing a single fold and than using a 3/8 seam allowance is making the turning under of the binding very difficult. It seems it takes everything I have to turn it under and than the whole thing didn't seem the same width around the entire border.
On top of all of that I have found that the stitch in the ditch technique (yes I know by hand would be better but I have a bad wrist so it isn't an option) is not coming out even all around.
I'm sure this is one of those practice makes perfect situations but is there anything I can do to help my binding along.
I just feel I might be missing something.