Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Birthdays >

Birthdays

Birthdays

Old 03-11-2007, 07:26 PM

When is every one birthday? That way we can wish every one Happy Birthday....

Mine is 7/11

Now it is your turn..
Old 03-11-2007, 07:49 PM

My Bday was 24 Feb. when I got to go to JoAnn's and WM and got my PED Basic for downloading embroidery for my SE270D......That was also the day I got to travel over an hour to save $ on bloodwork at a Healthfair because we have no insurance and I have sevral things anyone getting into their 40's could ever hope to avoid (and I've only started my 20's). The bandage (tape, really) pulled off a bunch of skin and made a nasty-looking hicky-type place on my elbow. I was sick as a dog to begin with with a sinus inf. bad enuf. to kill a horse and a virus (so they told me) bad enough to be called the worst sore throat I've ever experienced in my life, so I didn't eat or swallow anything! for days that couldn't be helped. and what couldn't be helped about tore my tonsils out. And we were getting ready to go into Sam's when my nosebleed started.....and I couldn't taste or smell .....and it was good that Sam's was giving out so many wonderful samples to taste. Then we went to eat at Ruby Tuesday's. I couldn't tell you if what i ate was rotten or good, but I ate it, although it basically brought tears to my eyes to think of swallowing.....
OH, wait!....this was a positive thread! I'm sorry I cannot answer a simple question. I need to get out more! I really nver talk to anyone buy you all! sorry! thanks for listening , though!

My birthday is 24 FEb. I was born on one of my Mom's sister's bday, and my sister (sil)'s little sister's bday!

and then I looked at this post after it was posted, and there were those puppies again as my avatar! I already posted a thread on this. they are coming back. I did NOT change this! WHY? is this going on?
Attached Thumbnails dscn0471.jpg   200905-purple-rain-prairie-queens-parade.jpg   200904-broken-wagon-tracks.jpg  
Old 03-12-2007, 03:13 AM

mine was yesterday, i'm no longer 40 something!
kathy
Old 03-12-2007, 05:10 AM

Happy post Birthday Kathy. And don't feel bad I am no longer feeling the 50 some thing's......Misty
Old 03-14-2007, 12:12 AM

hey Misty and everyone...
My birthday is coming up, it's March 24th and I will now be 55. Someone told me that now they will serve me free coffee at McDonalds...now there is a reason to get older....my feeling about birthdays is that I like to celebrate them to the fullest. My hair is now almost completely gray(white in places and dark brown in places) and I just figure that there is no need to hide our ages...we lived everyone of those years to their fullest and that is my current plan for the next 55....so I never lie about my age....
BTW, my two best buds are taking me on a road trip that weekend that will include the beautiful Oregon coastline and hopefully at least a dozen quilt shops...wish I could take every single one of you with me....Happy late birthday Kathy....xoxo, Janie
Old 03-14-2007, 02:48 AM

oh Janie, you lucky, lucky girl. I hope someone drops a few bills on you so you can have a lot of fun in those shops. Have a wornderful day.EVERYDAY
kathy
Old 03-14-2007, 03:22 AM

My birthday is August 21st. Last year, myself and 2 friends drove south of Raleigh to a little town called Selma that has gone from a sleepy farming town to an antique mecca. The quilt shop there is bette than what we have in Raleigh, much friendlier people. We spent the day buying over $200.00 of fabric for a quilt for our church to commmemorate the 25th year anniversary of its establishment as a parish. We didn't have the slightest idea of what we were doing, but the lady at the shop spent close to 3 hours helping us pick out fabric. I'll post pictures soon, because we are in the final stages of assembling it. We will have someone else machine quilt it and it will hang in the parish hall.
The center block is around 42 x 36 and it is surrounded by smaller blocks pertaining to the church, like St Francis of Assisi and St Claire, the prayer of St FRancis, etc. Teh cente block depicts the church building.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:46 AM

Well, I'm no longer 40 something either...haven't been for a couple years! LOL My birthday is December 14....this last december I turned 51... my how time does fly!

Happy Belated Birthday Kathy!!!
Old 03-14-2007, 04:24 AM

Today I go to the doctors for some uncooperative muscles.
this year I will retire on October 22nd on my 62nd birthday......... I have had some grey in my once dark hair since I was 28.......so now I am a short chubby blond
LOL :lol:
Old 03-14-2007, 04:30 AM

I won't hit the magic 62 for 2 1/2 more years--good luck at the dr and an early Happy Birthday!