Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bits of strings all over

Live in Pocatello, Idaho but was born in Iowa
    I just finished my scrappy quilt and am finding thread strings every where including down stairs living room and kitchen.
    Guess it is time to get out that awful vacumn cleaner that some man invented to torture women. Grinning
    Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Sally Short
    I just finished my scrappy quilt and am finding thread strings every where including down stairs living room and kitchen.
    Guess it is time to get out that awful vacumn cleaner that some man invented to torture women. Grinning
    Sally
    yes, and then after a few using, I have to turn my machine over and use my seam ripper to remove those string from around the roller on my vacuum... wish they would invent a machine that picks up thread without the roller.. :)

Blog Entries
    I'm in the same boat. I'm not sure if I remember how to turn on the vacuum. Happy quilting:)

Blog Entries
    LOL or buy carpet that all of the threads blend in to :D:D:D

I've heard some people will use a NEW toilet bowl brush to get the larger threads off the carpeting before vacuuming. Helps keep the vacuum brush from getting too clogged up. Haven't tried it myself, though, I have vinyl flooring in the quilting studio.

np3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndiR
    I've heard some people will use a NEW toilet bowl brush to get the larger threads off the carpeting before vacuuming. Helps keep the vacuum brush from getting too clogged up. Haven't tried it myself, though, I have vinyl flooring in the quilting studio.
    Oh my!

Don't you just love those RAVELINGS!!!

I use a small tank vacuum with a hose to get up the strings. Then finish off with the upright. Yes, I've doing it twice but in the long run it saves time as I don't have to untangle the brush.

I have a friend who uses a small plastic garden rake, just for raking up thread snips after sewing project frenzy ;-) I thought it was kind of silly until I saw how much she was able to rake up and it sure saved ALOT of wear & tear on her vacuum. So now I am looking for a small rake too. Not so easy to find. Maybe I can find one in toy store LOL

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I never thought of using my seam ripper to get the strings out of the vacuum (vaccum). Never could spell that darn word.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast