Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Black Friday Sales Anticipation >

Black Friday Sales Anticipation

Black Friday Sales Anticipation

Old 11-16-2016, 04:59 PM

Meh - once our girls outgrew the toys on the letter to Santa stage, I wasn't the least bit interested in Black Friday shopping. Unless it's fabric, I'm pretty much anti-shopping anyhow. Even though we are blessed to have a grandbaby now, he's too little (10 mos) to know anything about Christmas gifts. His other grandmother is a shopper beyond reason, and lives near him (we're 6 hours away), so I've resigned myself to being the one who gives him a check for his bank account. Sooo fun. Not!

Two years ago, fatquartershop had a BF sale that was ridiculous. Servers crashed, orders lost... All it did for me was waste time trying to get an order in. So, pretty sure I skip it all the way around.
Old 11-17-2016, 05:45 AM

My daughter and I have gone for years and we really like it! It's just a fun crazy time for us. It's not about the shopping anymore. It's just a fun time together and we love to crazy people watch! Not sure what we will do this year? It was the most fun when the stores all opened at the same time, 6am. I don't want to be at the mall at 4. And a big fat NO to going on Thanksgiving Day!!!!
Old 11-17-2016, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
Accuquilt just had a sale a couple of weeks ago on their website. I looked hard and long at the Studio 2 but passed it up...it would surprise me if they had another big sale but if they did I may just have to cave in.
I saw that sale and was unimpressed with the prices. I'm hanging on for a better sale.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bree123 View Post
What frustrates me is that now many places open on Thanksgiving Day & offer their best sales on Thursday. I refuse to encourage that nonsense no matter how incredible the deals.
I don't shop Thanksgiving or Christmas day. Going to the stores the day before is for people watching. I'm a great window shopper. I don't need anything bad enough to wait in those lines, unless it is related to quilting, lol. I heard that TJ Maxx, Marshall's and their third store is going to be closed Thanksgiving. I love it! I wish more stores would return to not being open on the holidays. Hobby Lobby gets my shopping dollar for closing on Sundays, (and holidays) too!
Old 11-17-2016, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
Have never done the Black Friday shopping and have no intentions. My last purchase would definitely be a case of BAiley's or vino!!
Here Here!! Or should I say cheer CHEER!! Crowds are not my thing!
Maybe will online shop..
Old 11-17-2016, 11:52 AM

The last time I went Black Friday shopping I ended up in the hospital having a baby 5 weeks early. LOL That was 39 years ago (it wasn't even called Black Friday back then) and I still don't go shopping on that day. Who knows what might happen?!
Old 11-17-2016, 12:03 PM

Ha! Good luck waiting for a sale from Electric Quilt. I've been signed up for their mailing list for a couple of years now and I've never seen them run a sale on the EQ software (they do occasionally run sales on the add-ons). The only site I know of that's ever offered the EQ software at a discount is Quilt in A Day (Eleanor Burns). Not sure what type of deal she has with them, but you might want to check out her website on Black Friday.

Did you notice they now have a new software called Electric Quilt Mini? It's $100 cheaper than EQ, and there is an upgrade available, just in case you love using it and want to move up to the complete version. Mini is $89.95, Full version is $189.95. No affiliation on my part, just passing it along. Very interesting software!
Old 11-17-2016, 05:22 PM
Power Poster

I don't go near the stores on Black Friday. I have about everything I want, not really looking for anything.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:49 PM

Baking cookings,decorating...staying HOME!! Love Black Friday! AT HOME...LOL!

sandy
Old 11-17-2016, 06:58 PM

Quilt shops will have their sales on Small Business Saturday won't they?