Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Bleached muslin versus white fabric - help.

Muslin is 100% cotton. I use it all the time and have never had a problem.

Blog Entries
    I love the feel of muslin so much that I used it to make my wedding dress for a garden wedding. Floor length skirt with a light blue ribbon and lace border around the hem and a peasant blouse with the same trim. I had blue silk flowers and baby's breath in my hair. It was so pretty. Twenty-nine years ago. Still can wear it except it is a little too long now. I must be shrinking.

Thanks so much for the information . I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by calicojoan View Post
    When if doubt, I prewash fabrics, and yes I have used the muslin from JoAnn's. Just remember the origins of quilting started with scraps of anything people could get their hands on...mostly old clothes. No one had quilt shops they went to and spent big money on fabrics. I know there is a ton of opinions on the subject, but for myself, I am not a "show" quilter. So for my projects a variety of fabrics are just fine with me. My very first quilt still hasn't disintegrated, been eaten by bugs when I used starch, or any of the other horrors we've heard. And that for me is rather unsettling, since it was pretty awful, and I would have prefered to see it die in a slow death!!! hahahahahaha
    This is just how I feel about Fabric also, I use what I have and can get my hands on.
    May you always have Love to Share , Health to Spare, and Friends that Care!

QM
    It's the quality of the muslin that matters, not whether it is muslin or not. Remember, fine batiks are generally printed on fine bleached muslin.

After reading this thread, I am going to have to go and buy myself some more muslin! Thanks everyone!
    Susette
    http://fabricribbonandyarn.blogspot.com/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4