Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Block magazine >

Block magazine

Block magazine

Old 08-08-2014, 06:04 AM

I have been charged for all 4 issues of the magazine & have not received any so far. I did email MSQC two weeks ago & got a reply that they would ship out replacement copies as soon as my address was verified. They did have the correct address but I still have not received a magazine.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:31 AM

I didn't get word they took out the money for the next issue but I do see it has been taking from my bank account. So the next issue will be on it's way to me.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:39 AM

My first two Block books came on time. I had to call about the third one and I received that one shortly after I called. I have never been notified that they were charging my account. I just see the charge when I look at my statement. I really do love the books. I have made one quilt from one book. Sometimes I wonder about the cost but I chalk it up to entertainment. I really get lost in each issue and enjoy the heck out of them. So is the 6 bucks worth it? I guess we all have to decide that for ourselves. So far I will continue with the subscription as long as there is joy in looking at it and reading her heartwarming stories.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:09 AM

I bought the first two at my LQS...sounds like it may be the easiest way to get them?

Dina
Old 08-08-2014, 08:56 AM
Power Poster

There must be a flub in some of your registration info. I have not had one problem with notifications or receiving the magazine. I would stay on the phone with a customer service person until it is straighten out and verified about all the needed information.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:37 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I hope it's not just me, but I don't find 'Block' magazine fulfilling. It doesn't challenge me. I, too, watch her tutes online and see she doesn't always give you everything you need to make her quilts. That is where the mag comes in handy, and I know she loves pre-cuts, but I want to learn harder ways of piecing.

She is great if you want to whip out a quilt in a couple of days, and she has some great tips to making a challenging quilt quite easy, but I want to learn something new - new techniques that twist my brain and make me smile when I'm done. Don't get me wrong, I love Jenny but I would like to be challenged a little bit more. Anyone else feel this way?
Old 08-08-2014, 11:35 AM

Carol, maybe I had your copy. I received 12 issues....all bundled!!!! Removed my issue and sent back the other 11. I emailed Missouri Quilt and asked if I had been charged for all 12. Got a quick reply saying they appreciated my returning them and, no, hadn't been charged.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:45 AM

Happystitcher - that is too funny! 12 issues must have been a big bundle!! I called MSQC and was assured that block magazine number three would be sent right out to me. She was very pleasant on the phone and verified my address, which was correct. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 08-08-2014, 11:52 AM
Power Poster

After reading all the post I called MSQC again to see when the they sent the third issue out. I was told that there was no record of me calling. Mabel then said that she would sent out the third issue right away. I was told that their warehouse and shipping had moved so maybe I just fell thru the cracks. Still thinking about cancelling future issues. BrendaK
Old 08-08-2014, 12:56 PM

I have received all three of my Block Magazines and yesterday received the notice for the fourth one. I find interesting patterns in all the Block Magazines. To me they are more useful quilting magazines than any of the others I have subscribed to over the years. I also download all the Friday new tutorials shares. I buy all my pre-cuts from MSQC that I like from the email they send each day with a reduced offer called Daily Quilting Deal. I marvel at the success this family has made for themselves as well as the small town they live in.