Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: blood on a quilt

Spit workd on anyone's blood. My husband bled all over his shirt at church and I used my spit to fix it. A spot over 1" across became all but invisible. I admit it took a lot of spit and a little finger scrubbing, but it worked. Also, my dog bled a little on me after a shot and it came out, same way. I think saliva digests the proteins in any blood. It is yucky, but it sure is handy when there is nothing else.

Note to self...remember to purchase and carry a tide to go!!! Sorry...but ewwwwwww I understand the whole necessity thing...but still ewwwwwww. LOL

I agree with Ruth. Hydrogen Peroxide is the best. As a RN, I often get some blood on my uniform. I use hydrogen peroxide right before the wash, and I've never had it fail me yet. Sara

Ha Norah....that IS a lot of SPIT!! hehehee :lol:

I'm with jbs. It's tide to go for me. Ewwwww! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Carla P
    :lol: :lol: I'm not the teacher... you are. (If I were, I could explain it better!!) :D

You did a good job explaining...and I'm not the teacher...yet! LOL. It does make sense. I knew your saliva contains enzymes and obviously your blood contains proteins and that enzymes break down proteins, I just never...I guess, realized that it would get a blood stain out of something.

my friend uses the new eraser magic the company that makes me. clean. she just slightly dampens the sponge and wipes lightly. she said it works well for pencile markings. I haven't tried it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2