Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bobbin winder

I have a viking megaquilter and was thinking about getting a bobbin winder to wind my bobbins tighter to get more thread on them so that they will last longer on the frame. This machine has a 9 inch throat and is not a longarm. What is everyone's thoughts?

I Love my bobbin winder...i don't know if it winds tighter or not but its great for setting up all the bobbins at the start of my projects.

Blog Entries
    I have heard, but don't know for sure, that the sidewinder will not work on Viking bobbins. I would like to know because I would buy one too. I am watching this thread!

Hi I actually have a pink bobbin winder the sidewinder and I have a Designer 1. I put my bobbins on upside down...it works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by pennijanine
    I have heard, but don't know for sure, that the sidewinder will not work on Viking bobbins. I would like to know because I would buy one too. I am watching this thread!
    I saw that too, I hope someone knows which one will work with the viking bobbins!!

QKO
    Some of the older Sidewinders would not work with some of the Viking bobbins.

The newest models will work with most. You need to check the box to determine if it will work with your machine.

Thanks I will do that!!