Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bobbin winder ?????

Bobbin winder ?????

I have a Queen Quilter 18 quilting machine and am interested in obtaining a bobbin winder so that I can wind bobbins w/o having to use my machine.

Any advice would be wonderful!!!!

Can you use the same kind that you use for a regular sewing machine? I have one & love it!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

I have a Sidewinder from Joanne's, purchased using coupon of course, and love it!

My husband bought me the sidewider for Christmas. He was so proud of himself for remembering it and that it was in the same spot I had shown it to him months before. He just grinned. He said he was sorry he could not remember the other sewing item. hehehe ( It was a set of square rulers...hehe) I have decided against the rulers b/c I want a 22" square up ruler from Elenor Burns. The sidewider even filled my featherweight bobbins. It is great. I had my mom get one b/c she hates removing her thread to wide one. She rethreads and jams the machine. So she is thrilled now. Teresa

Blog Entries
    I have one, but, it will only fill the small ones. The larger ones won't fit. Don't know why.

I also have the Sidewinder from Joanne's and use it for both my sewing bobbins and my quilting bobbins. I think they have it in 2 price levels. I got the cheapest one ( with a coupon of course) and am happy with it.

Blog Entries
    I use the Sidewinder to wind the bobbins for my 15" Bailey. Works great.
    jlm5419-an Okie in California
    http://according-to-ginger.blogspot.com/

My side winder doesn't wind it tight enough for my longarm I have to hold the thread with my fingers to put enough drag on it

I also got the Deluxe Sidewinder on sale at Joann's to wind bobbins for my Voyager. It came with several different size bobbin pins. I needed to wind off spools & cones and I don't think the smaller ones would do cones. There are also commercial bobbin winders that are much more durable but they also cost more and take up more space.
    Beverly

Blog Entries
    The Sidewinder is the best thing to keep little hands busy that want to help in the sewing room. DGD loved to wind bobbins. I kept Walmart's bobbin rack cleared for a whole summer! She felt so proud to be helping. I had a shoe box full of them. I took them to guild to use for binding quilts, whip stitching, etc.
    Got fabric?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast