Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bobbins for Janome6500

Recently I purchased a previously owned Janome 6500 from an individual. I have read the manuel front to back . No where could I find any info pertiant to the bobbins . type ,style anything about the bobbins. dose it take a special bobbin just for this machine? Please help.

Mary in Louisiana :?:

I don't think the bobbins should be difficult to locate. Janome's website is www.Janome.com You can locate a dealer near you through them. Also try any of the local Sew & Vac-type stores in your area.

I know you have to be careful, but I got a ton of Janome plastic bobbins off Ebay. They work fine and are touted as genuine. I checked the reviews from people who had previously ordered them for their Janome before buying to make sure they were the real deal. I got 50 of them for a steal, even counting the postage.

Hi Mary, I have a Janome 6500 and I purchase my bobbins from the local Janome dealer. If you don't have a local dealer and have to order online, try this site:

http://www.thesewingsupplycompany.co...let/StoreFront

Hope this helps.

Hi Minda,
    Thank you so much for the help. I have a local dealer here. The Jannome bobbins look just like the bobbins i use with all my Kenmores. I went to the site you gave me and I think they are the same. I am giong to try a Janome one in the Kenmores and see how it works. Thanks again.

Mary in Louisiana

Thanks for the link! I may order some bobbins for my Berninas 830 and 1130. I think the fellow sells on eBay, I recognize the name.

Doesn't the Janome use the Class 15 bobbin that can be bought just about anywhere where sewing notions are sold?