Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bonnie Hunter Craft U Class? >

Bonnie Hunter Craft U Class?

Bonnie Hunter Craft U Class?

Old 01-20-2016, 07:16 AM

Default Bonnie Hunter Craft U Class?

Hi, all. Has anyone taken Bonnie Hunter's Scrap Quilts Workshop at Craft U?

I'm a big Bonnie fan, though I don't choose fabrics with quite the abandon that she does. I like scrap quilts, whether traditional or modern, and have a fair idea of her approach and methods, having devoured her blog and mystery quilts for several years. As a point of reference, I've completed all the sub-units for Easy Street, but have only sewed up a couple of the blocks. Haven't been able to fit in the others, as my family members keep getting married and having babies, consuming all my quilting time! I'm a tortoise quilter, not a hare!

I'm a self-taught quilter, started about 5 years ago, which means that I probably have some bad habits/techniques that could use come correction(!). And I've heard that Bonnie is a fabulous teacher.

So my question is, is the workshop worth the money for someone like me? What are the best (and worst, if any) things about the workshop?

Thanks!
Old 01-20-2016, 07:33 AM
Power Poster

I always enjoyed taking quilt classes from people I respected in the business so I say go for it. I have taken classes from Harriet Hargrave, Eleanor Burns (she is a hoot) and Blanche Young.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:53 AM
Power Poster

I have taken several workshops from Bonnie. She teaches how to use the Easy Angle rulers and how to get a 1/4" seam. The rest is sewing what you cut. Her workshops cost me $65 each through my guild, so a class would be worth it if you can't go to one in person.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:51 AM

I took Bonnie's Craft U class since it's unlikely I'll ever get to attend one in person. I thought it was well worth it.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:02 PM

don't forget she has a coupon discount for the class on the side of her blog.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:27 PM

What is Craft U?

Rob
Old 01-25-2016, 06:44 PM

Craft U is an online course offered by Bonnie Hunter. Here's the link
https://www.craftonlineuniversity.co...-bonnie-hunter

Her coupon code is BHSCRAP. That offer is shown on this web page http://quiltville.blogspot.com/
You do have to scroll down to find it. It is highlighted in blue and is shown under a picture of Bonnie.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:39 PM

I took her class at CraftU when it was offered last fall. I thought it was good. She is an excellent instructor. My only complaint is CraftU which offers it for just a limited time and you are suppose to download it and save it if you want it. I guess I am used to other sites and thought that was kind of weird. I appreciate the discount Bonnie offers but some of the other classes on the site seem very pricey.

Maybe it's me, and I don't begrudge someone making a living from doing what they like and are skilled at, but I always feel down when quilting stuff is so blatantly commercial. Not Bonnie she gives so much freely. The site with a time limit and then your class expires reminds me of shows where they only feature quilters who use the longarm that is one of their advertisers etc. or the marketing a few years ago where you were sent a dvd and then they wanted you to pay for it.

Last edited by Pagzz; 01-25-2016 at 07:46 PM.