Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bonnie Hunter's "Easy Street" >

Bonnie Hunter's "Easy Street"

Bonnie Hunter's "Easy Street"

Old 11-14-2013, 10:01 PM

Default Bonnie Hunter's "Easy Street"

Can someone tell me if this pattern is in one of her books, and if so, which one? I've looked all over her blog for it and can't find it, so I'm thinking it was published somewhere.

TIA
Old 11-14-2013, 10:04 PM

"Easy Street" will be published in her new book that I believe she said will be out in the spring. She pulled the instructions I believe it was end of May , first of June. Maybe someone else will now more
Old 11-15-2013, 12:23 AM

Ditto to what Christine said. Will be in the next book.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:57 AM

not sure if this will help

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/blog-helps.html
Old 11-15-2013, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by frustratedquilter40 View Post
"Easy Street" will be published in her new book that I believe she said will be out in the spring. She pulled the instructions I believe it was end of May , first of June.
Thank you, this is what I had suspected. I found pictures of it all over the place, but no instructions.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:40 AM
Power Poster

Bonnie has posted before on her blog, if you don't get the free pattern before it's taken off the website, maybe you could find someone to send it to you.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Power Poster

She use to have lots of free patterns on her site. I guess the need to make more money got the best of her. I just went to her site and noticed there are a lot less of them. I have printed some off but, not that one.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:22 PM

I have no problem if she wants to make money from her patterns. She's the one who put in all the work of creating, writing, and testing the pattern, why shouldn't she get paid? I was fully prepared to purchase the book when it comes out. Apparently Bonnie was very generous when she originally posted the pattern and gave permission for others to share, so a wonderful person has emailed it to me. Even so, I'll still purchase the book for the other patterns and eye candy in it.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
She use to have lots of free patterns on her site. I guess the need to make more money got the best of her. I just went to her site and noticed there are a lot less of them. I have printed some off but, not that one.

Bonnie is very generous. She leaves the patterns for free for a long time on her site and then warns everyone when it will be taken off to be in her book. How is that in need of making money? I buy her books because she is so generous with her talent as the most respected and successful people are.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
Really? I just looked at her website - there are at least 40 free patterns there. Not for a block, but for the whole quilt. That is in addition to a ton of other information on everything from blog helps to recipes to tutorial links and, of course, her scrap user's system.

I don't think I've ever heard of a single quilt designer who has that many patterns of their design out for free. In addition, her annual mystery quilt pattern is typically there from the time it starts (the day after Thanksgiving) until May or June of the following year.

I've always believed - and still do - that she's one of the most generous people anywhere.