Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boo hoo! Can't fix my "babies" locally

Just got back from the Viking certified repairman and all three of my machines cannot be fixed as he does not know where to get parts.....5000 series Viking (something is broken, only wants to wind bobbins, not sew), 6000 series Viking(motor burned out), and a Riccar 555(broken gear)....WAAAHHHH :cry:
    Anybody out there know of a good Viking--an older one?
    I do NOT want a new computerized one!
    Have gotten burned twice on eBay, so not sure the third time would be the charm!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    With such good buyer protection how did you get burned on Ebay???

I've heard from more than 1 repair shop(although not a Viking authorized shop),that it is difficult to get parts for Vikings. At least the older ones. I got mine in 1995 and when I needed a belt, it took a really long time. And then they sent the wrong one and I had to wait more. I just keep my fingers crossed that.

The reason I took my Viking to a non-Viking repair is because the Viking repair tech in my area was out of the country for a month. I can't even imagine how long I would have had to wait once he returned.

Quote Originally Posted by okiepastor
    Just got back from the Viking certified repairman and all three of my machines cannot be fixed as he does not know where to get parts.....5000 series Viking (something is broken, only wants to wind bobbins, not sew), 6000 series Viking(motor burned out), and a Riccar 555(broken gear)....WAAAHHHH :cry:
    Anybody out there know of a good Viking--an older one?
    I do NOT want a new computerized one!
    Have gotten burned twice on eBay, so not sure the third time would be the charm!
    This may seem a bit crazy, but....can you cannibalize one of the machines tho replace the 6000 Viking motor? Many dealers have a graveyard in the back with "used parts".

I saw that you are in Oklahoma, so I checked on Craigslist. I have no idea if this would be close, but they might ship' If they still have it.
    http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/hsh/2103868760.html

There were two others, but they were Husqvarna Vikings. But they still might be what you need.

Ooh, I just looked at one of the Husqvarnas and looks like a great deal. It is in Purcell, and just posted today. Only 50 bucks !

Any way the motor from the one that only winds bobbins could be put into the onw with a burned out motor?

Gosh -- with the track record for Vikings, I'm wondering why you'd want another one?????????

Have you considered going to a different repair person?

Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Gosh -- with the track record for Vikings, I'm wondering why you'd want another one?????????
    I have had Vikings since the mid 80's and have never had a problem with any of them. They are excellent machines. Our local Viking store has been run by the same owner for over 40 years and he now has his son taking over a lot of the business. These men do fantastic work with servicing and teaching as well. The 6000 series are very nice machines and are true work horses.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast