Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boo hoo, plans to get my first treadle up in the air

Hi all,
    So, a friend of mine offered to sell me one of her first treadles back in the fall for a great price. I hemmed and hawed and then the winter weather arrived and I was worried about transporting it in the snow. Got in touch with her this week and made plans to get it on Friday after work.
    Weather alert: up to 12" of snow expected on Friday!!! (Yes, it's April Fool's Day, too).
    Hopefully, I'll be able to get it on one of the weekend days...
    :)lots2do

Blog Entries
    Oooh lucky u!

That will be great. You will just love it. BTW, someone posted a clue to help get your rhythm going on one of these little beauties. They said don't put both feet side by side. Put one foot toward the back of the rocker pedal and the other one toward the front. It works real well. Good Luck and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by twinkie
    That will be great. You will just love it. BTW, someone posted a clue to help get your rhythm going on one of these little beauties. They said don't put both feet side by side. Put one foot toward the back of the rocker pedal and the other one toward the front. It works real well. Good Luck and enjoy.
    Great info! I didn't know this!

Blog Entries
    Snow is just a joke (laughter). I predict it will be beautiful and sunny and you can get your new treadle (or not - smile). Anticipation can be fun too. Soon it will be in its new home and you will send us pics (hint). Have a great day.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Please post pics when you get it!!! :D

Blog Entries
    I hope that the weatherman is wrong :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkie
    That is so right- I use to watch my mom sew on one and then when I was old enough she taught me.

well that is too bad...but she will be with soon, and Sunday is suppose to be sunny and in the 50's, I hope you can get her soon...you will love it...

Blog Entries
    If you lived close to me I would have given you one. I had two that were in my way, I never used them. My DD took one and I finally convinced my other DD she needed the other. They are so common to find in my area it's hard to find anyone that doesn't have one if they want it. Many only want the metal cabinet stands for decorative use and take the machines out and discard them instead of cleaning and repairing them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast