Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Book on CD

Like many of us, I like to listen to things while I quilt. I'll often play movies I've seen a hundred times so I don't have to watch or music. It makes me more productive.

Well this weekend I tried a book on CD from the local library. It happened to have small town charm, folk art history (to include quilting) and a mystery to boot. Well it worked, I wanted to keep sewing because I wanted to know how my book ended.

Anyway...a long winded post for a simple idea, a plug for our local libraries (they're FREE!!!) and book recommendation:

"Tumbling Blocks" by Earlene Fowler

I have read several of her books and they are great.. all have quilt block names and quilters in them.

WE must have good taste as I am reading the Tumbling Blocks book also. I have ready many of her books and they are great.

I just downloaded an audio book from itunes last night. Jane Eyre... one of my all time favorite classics. Can't wait to listen while I quilt!

I LOVED doing this.. I would hunt fot the 8 to 11 hour books so I could spend the WHOLE day accomplishing something!

We listen to audio cds all the time. It actually is motivation for me to clean house. And also while I'm quilting of course :) I've listened to them while walking for exercise but had to limit that as one day I was totally into a book and realized I'd walked about 3 miles from our house and then had to walk back. yikes...... sometimes I scare myself hahaha.

I love audio books. I have become addicted. My library has an online catalog. I login and pick out a few books I want and reserve them (there's hardly ever anything on the shelves). The library sends me an email when they're ready for pickup. I can even renew them online if I need to. I LOVE my library--tax dollars very well spent.

The public library is a great place. I'm there getting a book on cd as soon as the finish a book on cd. I listen to them in the car going to and from work. Bad radio here in the keys. It's a 45 minute drive one way 90% on the overseas highway. Sometimes it's hard to get out of the car because the book is at a good part. :lol: That might be why I'm late to work sometimes. oops...