Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Book Jelly Roll Inspirations

Book Jelly Roll Inspirations

Hello
    I am thinking about making a quilt called Be My Valentine from the book Jelly Roll Inspirations. I am wondering if anyone is familiar with this pattern. I am a newbie to quilting and I have to cut out templates for this quilt. This scares me. I might not cut the templates straight then wind up with a nasty quilt. I like this pattern because it is made to use a jelly roll, which I have already bought. Is there someplace that I could buy the templates already made? They look like a 1/2 hexagon shape but are odd sizes. 12 1/2" , 8 1/2" etc. I am posting a pix and hope it is ok to do that so you know what I mean.

Thanks01-22-2013 02;21;56PM.PDF

I think I would try an easier pattern. I have quilted about 46 or so years. I don't like hard patterns. Getting lazy I suppose. If you are new you might need to get more experience. I haven't used templates for years.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

If you posted a photo of the actual end product we might be able to help you make simpler cuts.

And here's one that looks a little easier. You could still use your jelly roll. http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/prod...ts/traditional

Quote Originally Posted by tesspug View Post
    And here's one that looks a little easier. You could still use your jelly roll. http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/prod...ts/traditional
    And there is a free pattern for that heart from www.forestquilting.com called braided heart.

From the templates it looks like you could just cut the peices at length by 2 1/2 inches. Then add a 2 1/2 inch square of background and sew on the diagonal on the corners you would have cut. I hope this makes sence.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsews View Post
    From the templates it looks like you could just cut the peices at length by 2 1/2 inches. Then add a 2 1/2 inch square of background and sew on the diagonal on the corners you would have cut. I hope this makes sence.
    Agree ... haven't done this pattern but don't see WHY they use templates ?? Simpler and quicker to do with the half-square corner sewing method - but not sure it's really suited for a beginner, either way ...