Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Book on quilting

I am trying to teach myself to quilt. Does anyone know if there is a book I can buy that will teach me the basics?. Thanks in advance.

Joan

The Quilters Complete Guide by Fons and Porter

That would be my choice and the Elenor Burns books are great for beginners also, they go step by step. If you can only have one book my choice would be the Fons and Porter that Cathe mentioned.
    Donna

Alex Anderson has a beginner quilt book that has several projects in it. It is called "Start Quilting". I used this book when I first started and it was very helpful.

I have a couple of basic books on beginning quilting that you may be interested in. I'd be glad to send them to you if you'll PM your address to me. I have no use for them and they need a good home. Sara

I started with "Quilts, Quilts, Quilts" and "The Quilter's Ultimate Visual Guide". And I'd never done any sewing before. (In fact, I barely knew how to thread my machine.)

I bought the book by Fons and Porter 25 yrs ago and am still using it It has most of the basics written so you can understand them it is calledQuilters Complete Guide. It is stll available I believe new printing. I use it for reference a lot and have been quilting for about 27 yrs Good Luck and happy quilting :)