Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Book suggestions on learning to free-motion quilt?

I know you said books but I bought the kimmy Bruner class on craftsy and she shows you alot of things that really help. The class really wasn't anymore than a book and you get to watch it as much asyou want! I was very impressed with her teaching.You might give it a try when the classes are on sale.

Craftsy does have some good classes, but since I want a single design type pattern rather than all over, these other books are better.
    I found some old otter and seashore fabric that I had bought for daughter. Never used, don't like fussy cutting so making a raggy. A single quilt pattern quilting design works better on those blocks since I only use flannel. Far easier as FMQ than the embroidery machine.

I think you might get a lot out of Leah Day's free website. I think I would try that first or at least in addition to a book. FMQ is something that I really think you sometimes need to see as well as read

Don't forget to check out all the FREE videos on YOU TUBE that show FMQ.
    "In this age of information, ignorance is a choice".

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2