Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Books ... just ordered through Amazon

The other day someone posted an ISO for a Sally Collins book "Mastering Precision Piecing". I have not heard of her, or her books, but in reading the thread she was highly recommended as a piecing primer, and essential for folks who like to work with small pieces (me!! me! me!!!). So I kept reading and looked at more reviews online, found her website and saw a few other books by her (drafting blocks, and borders), and a DVD on piecing. Great reviews on her work all around.

As I was searching and finding ... I was talking to myself but husband was looking. So he started looking around for the best prices as well. Then he surprised me by saying that he ordered all 3 books plus the DVD for me!! WHAT A GUY!!!

So ... thanks to QB (again!!) for this recommendation. Now I just have to wait for my Amazon order to arrive!!

As for my husband ... I bought him something too. A watch winder (for kinetic watches - keeps them wound).

You definitely have a keeper and y'all make a nice couple being you got him something too. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I have a wish list for books. Looks like I'll be adding this one to the list. :D

Blog Entries
    Oh What a nice Guy! Good for you!

MTS
    Banned
    :thumbup: YAY!
    I wish I had a buck for every time I was able to convince someone to buy one of Sally's books.
    "Setting Solutions" by Sharon Craig is another really useful and helpful book.

I really think you're going to love them. Half the questions/problems asked on this board would be eliminated if everyone had a copy of at least one her books. ;-)
    Describing it as a "primer" is so appropriate - I've given many as gifts to newbies as I think it's so much more helpful than a book full of easy jelly roll quilt patterns.

I'd be interested in hearing your take on the books after you've had time to read through them a bit.

How "small" do you make your blocks?

Blog Entries
    Wow, your hubby is a keeper

Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
    The other day someone posted an ISO for a Sally Collins book "Mastering Precision Piecing". I have not heard of her, or her books, but in reading the thread she was highly recommended as a piecing primer, and essential for folks who like to work with small pieces (me!! me! me!!!). So I kept reading and looked at more reviews online, found her website and saw a few other books by her (drafting blocks, and borders), and a DVD on piecing. Great reviews on her work all around.

As I was searching and finding ... I was talking to myself but husband was looking. So he started looking around for the best prices as well. Then he surprised me by saying that he ordered all 3 books plus the DVD for me!! WHAT A GUY!!!

So ... thanks to QB (again!!) for this recommendation. Now I just have to wait for my Amazon order to arrive!!

As for my husband ... I bought him something too. A watch winder (for kinetic watches - keeps them wound).

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    What a sweetie!!! :D
    Have fun when those books come in!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D
    I love love love Amazon! Wonderful service, and fast!

Blog Entries
    Wow he's a keeper! Have fun with the books!

Quote Originally Posted by MTS
    How "small" do you make your blocks?
    I'm currently working on a quilt originally inspired by "Omigosh" which is 1" finished pieces. I've finished the double 9 patch (4.5" finished blocks), but instead of using Shoo Fly for the opposing blocks (also 4.5") I'm going to choose a different one. I'll also use some blocks in the border - not sure which block yet.

I dream (yes DREAM) of making a mosiac in 1/4" finished blocks. Why? I dunno. I suppose just because it's the smallest block I can do without hurting my puny brain with angry fraction math :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast