Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Books

Has anyone here read the series of books by Jennifer Chiaverini. It is a series of books about the Elm Creek Quilts. I have read every one of her books and love them.

I am avid reader of her books. The latest one just came out The Lost Quilter. I haven't bought it yet but will soon!

Her books are well-read in our little town's library. I am trying to collect them for my own Library!

Blog Entries
    I just checked two more out of my library this morning! Love them all!! I first stumbled across one of her's right after I got laid off last January. Reading it got me back into quilting, and got me hunting for a quilting message board, which is how I got here! :-)

I just bought her new one and loved it. I also bought the new workbook. This is the first year I missed her lecture. She uses alot of Pittsburgh towns in her novels, Her Inlaws live in Pgh.

I too got back into quilting after reading some of her books. I have read them in order and really, really enjoy them. They are such good reading. After getting back into the quilting this winter, I too looked for a message board and found this one. I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks and decided to jump in today. Thanks for the welcome.

Just found out about these books from a lady at a quilting group I belong to......I have a request in for the first three at my library.

Barb

Okay...I might be a minority in the fact I liked the first few and read maybe the first 4. But, by that one, they just got too sappy and unrealistic to me. But, really like the first 2:)Skeat

I love this series, I just bought the most recent that came out in paper-back and summer vacation is starting in just over a week...Yippee... Quilt and reading time is on its way.
    Muriel

Another series that is really good and are based around Quilt Patterns is
    Benni Harper Mystery Series by Erlene Fowler. I love this series, they are quick reads, murder mystery but Erlene's humor in her writing is what make these fun to read.
    Muriel

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast