Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Border help needed ~ easy design????

Thanks everyone......I think I will crosshatch the large border for sure........I have quilted some stars on the small border~and the middle border sounds like maybe some decorative stitches.....or maybe just some parallel lines Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Oma ~ I will try and get a pic posted in the next few days. I have a boatload of company coming in for the weekend, so it may be Monday. I have already put it away for the next couple of days!

Tonya

Quote Originally Posted by nonda View Post
    Thanks Lori~I just didn't know if the "quilt police" would come after me quilting all 3 borders as one!
    Of course you can quilt all three as one.

I took a class with Melody Crust, and for one of my quilts she suggested edge to edge quilting across 5 borders.

Cheers, K

When added together you have 18" of border. I'd go with an edge to edge across as many borders as it will do, most are ~14" or less wide. It could be a scene of trees, sky/clouds, other birds, a nest, etc.

A real simple quilting that looks nice is horizontal lines about an inch apart... like piano keys. I did this on one of my quilts and it looked great. I don't see why you couldn't go through all three borders with it.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl SUMMER SALE: All quilts 20% off thru 7/31.

Smiling increases your 'face value'!

I just used horizontal lines 1/2" apart for the first time in triangle borders...looks great! It was a bit labor intensive, but I love the result!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2