Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Border help needed ~ easy design????

Border help needed ~ easy design????

With all of your help, I have gotten the eagle panel quilt sandwiched and the panel quilted. Now I have 3 borders, a 3" blue, 6" gray & 9" blue; all solid fabric that I need to quilt. I can't meander, I can't stipple.....what do I do?

Can I just quilt the three borders as one? or do I need to do something in each one?

I just want this one finished I am so tired of looking at it I could scream......

and just FYI, I am on a very small Janome Sew Precise!

Thanks again for getting me through this one

I forgot to say that there are star corner blocks in each of the corners of the 6" & 9" borders.
    Last edited by nonda; 03-26-2013 at 11:19 AM. Reason: more information

What about cross-hatching all the borders, either one direction or both. You can use a chalk pencil and a ruler to do your markings so they are consistent.
    Lori - MamaBear

Thanks Lori~I just didn't know if the "quilt police" would come after me quilting all 3 borders as one!

It's your quilt - you can do what you want!! When I took my first quilt class in the late 70's I was told "you can't do that" so many times that I quit quilting for a long time! And everything I was told I couldn't do is now being done by so many others. Just didn't know enough at the time to just grin and do it my way no matter what!

Blog Entries
    you can certainly quilt the three borders as one if you wish. It is your quilt. in one or two inch borders I sometimes stitch curvy lines. I just did a four inch border with a cable design. but that means going around the whole thing four times since there are four lines. Look in some quilt books or online at quilt images for more inspiration.

Nonda, I think Mama Bears suggestion about cross hatching is a great idea. About the Quilt Police? If you ignore them? You will quit worry about them or hearing them...They dont' bother me anymore!
    Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Do you have a picture? I'm also finishing an eagle panel quilt that I'm pretty tired of too. I added the binding today, but I still think it needs a little more quilting. I'm thinking I'm going to take a little break and then finish it up.

Do you have decorative stitches on your machine? Have used just the curvy lines in rows of three on long, wide borders.

I just stitch parallel lines in my borders, about two inches apart, sometimes more. I am very happy with these borders. Maybe the idea would work for you? I normally SID and there isn't a "ditch," so I just line a bookmark up with my last stitch and sew until I run out of bookmark, then move the bookmark to continue the line. Works for me, though I have never seen anyone else do borders this way.

Dina

Blog Entries
    Personel ly I would do a wave. In one direction and then wave back making a loop shape .
    Finished is better than a UFO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast