Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bought 6 Disney Embroidery Cards

Yesterday I went to a garage sale where and bought 6 Brother Embroidery cards in packages etc for $140.
    Included was Diseny Princess, Disney Home Film Stars, Pooh, Snow White , Donald Duck & Disney Classics. I am hoping to make some charity blankets but I just hope I did not pay waay to much.

Blog Entries
    Make sure you have a Brother machine with a "D" in the name. It's my understanding that these will only work in the "D" machines. Might be wrong, wouldn't be the first time ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    Make sure you have a Brother machine with a "D" in the name. It's my understanding that these will only work in the "D" machines. Might be wrong, wouldn't be the first time ;-)
    I've heard the same thing..... I havbe a brother so, I'll be watching in case I run into emb cards at a garage sale

I dont know that u paid too much..... they are expensive. Even with out the copyright..... many cards easily run $75 each.

I mostly stick with the free ones unless I have a particular project and just HAVE to have a design...

I thought that the "D" machines meant that they came with several Disney patterns pre-installed? I thought the cards worked in all the machines? No?

Interesting....

I think you got a pretty good deal.

Some of those cards can cost 100 each. As long as you have a Disney machine you're good.
    They did make one, "Taste of Disney" i think that wil work with other machines.

Blog Entries
    on Brother's site, it seems the Disney's cards only work with Disney ebroidery machines. http://www.brother-usa.com/Homesewin...SCID=9&CatID=8

Quote Originally Posted by oatw13
    I thought that the "D" machines meant that they came with several Disney patterns pre-installed? I thought the cards worked in all the machines? No?

Interesting....

I think you got a pretty good deal.
    You are correct when it comes to the CD's! The 'cards' are machine specific.... unless you have a converter box....

The "D" means there are pre-programmed Disney characters in the machine. You can NOT put these designs on a card and change in any way. The only changes that can be made to them is in size within the machine.

ANY design on a CD can be used in any machine as long as you pick the correct format for your machine.

Also, with a lot of the designs there is COPYRIGHT issues and legally a person CAN NOT sell, transfer or trade certain discs. Read the fine print on the site that made these designs. Personally I think it stinks that a person can't sell some of these design packs as long as they no longer have them on their computers. It's like not being able to sell a book after you have finished reading it......

My post is not to start a copyright war going, just as a FYI.