Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
bow tuck bag >

bow tuck bag

bow tuck bag

Old 08-24-2010, 04:30 PM

I am looking for a pattern for the bow tuck purse/tote bag. I see them online that I can order...which one would be the best for a quilter who is still learning?Or has anyone had any luck finding the pattern in a store
Old 08-24-2010, 04:33 PM

Yes, most of the LQS's I frequent (all to frequently for my pocket book ;-) ) have them, sometimes just the small one, other times only the large, sometimes both. Good luck.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:35 PM

It's a very popular bag that many quilt shops stock the pattern for. There is a full size one and a mini version. I found that the mini is too big for me, but I travel very light. :) I would imagine the instructions would be the same for both, just different sizes.

Read the directions thoroughly before you start. I believe someone posted a tutorial on it as well. If you get stuck, ask for help. There are many of us that have made these bags and we're only an email away!
Old 08-24-2010, 04:37 PM

Are you specifically wanting the "Bow Tucks Bag" pattern or a pattern for a fabric/quilted bag in general? I have not personally seen a bow tucks pattern in a LQS in my area (not saying they weren't there!) But I know there are several on this board who have them for sale.

If you are looking for a generic bag pattern, any fabric store will have various ones with varying difficulty levels.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:05 PM

The bow tucks pattern is available at most LQS That is where I found mine, It is very easy and once you do one you are good to go, I can whip one up in a couple hours now, the first one took me forever! There is a tute available here is a link to the one I used.

http://justenoughtime.wordpress.com/...6/01/ladybugs/
Old 08-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Power Poster

yes ,be sure and watch the tute as the directions can be a little tuff in a place or two. until you get what they mean,then it's easy and addicting.I bought my pattern at connecting threads site on line. there are several patterns that are similar for free just search free tote pattern.also I bought the mini as it is about the right size for many people.about 14"wide and maybe 10" tall. don't have the pattern right here now for exact measuremenets. good luck
Old 08-24-2010, 06:14 PM

If you google "bow tuck pattern" you will come up with several places to order the pattern.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tumdarra
I am looking for a pattern for the bow tuck purse/tote bag. I see them online that I can order...which one would be the best for a quilter who is still learning?Or has anyone had any luck finding the pattern in a store
The lqs thirty miles away ordered it for me. She called yesterday to say that it is in. I hope to get over there today to pick it up.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:25 PM

thanks all who replied, I will check out our local Joann's to see if I can find a pattern before I order online
Old 08-25-2010, 03:28 PM

Unless you would like a really BIG bag, I'd suggest you buy the mini version, which is what I would call a medium size plus.

I haven't seen the pattern in Joann's, but if you order online it will come very quickly.