Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: bow tuck question

I just love all the bow tucks everyone has made. My first question is what is the difference in size between a bow tuck and a mini bow tuck, and second I really want to attempt one, are they really difficult to make. I don't want to get all the supplies and then give up. If the directions are pretty straight forward I can follow them, I am just wondering about the thickness I would be sewing. Any info would be appreciated. I hope to be making some soon with all your support.

Blog Entries
    It's just alittle smaller.No it's very easy.The hardest part is picking out the fabric

Banned
    This is a very easy pattern. Im sure you will be successful and there are plenty of helpers that have already made them to help you along if you get stuck.

As for the thickness, it is about the thickness of a quilt when sandwiched together. Mostly you will be sewing through a layer of interfacing and a layer of fabric.

The thickest part is the handles and top stitching around the top, there will be a couple layers of fabric and interfacing at the point where the handle is attached. Otherwise, not very thick at all

There is not much difference in size. If you decide to try it remember there are lots of us here that have made them and can help. Just ask.

I went to the turorials on here and followed the one for the bow tucks!! It really helped me!! I like to see pictures or I can't grasp it sometimes!! GOOD LUCK