Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bow Tuck Question >

Bow Tuck Question

Bow Tuck Question

Old 11-18-2010, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by sock_17
OK, another question for you wonderful ladies. . .can someone explain how to do step # 13. I traced the square templates but the next step has me really confused lol. I'm completely lost and I have no idea what they are talking about. Please feel free to put it in the most basic terms. I'm really new to all of this so I definitely won't be offended if you give me the idiots version ;-)
~ Jamie
Check out the bow tuck tote tutorial (pictures). It has a pic of the squares being used. Search for it under "search" just the way I typed it, its by klnsmith (user name). She did a wonderful job with the pics for people like myself and I will tell you it was simple! Good Luck and show us a picture when you're done as I will very soon!
Old 11-18-2010, 12:08 PM

You trace those to the lining and outside parts of the purse and then you cut those little squares out after measuring them They are 2 3/4" each and then youtrace that onto you lining and ouside pieces before you sew them together. This is where you will "boxing" the bottom of the purse. Like the abouve poster had said there is a tutorial on making this purse in the tutorial section. Have a great day.....Note: The measurement is fot the large purse so I'm not sure what the,small one is. Huggies, Fay
Old 11-18-2010, 12:10 PM

I actually printed out her tutorial and have been using it this whole time. Maybe I'm missing something because I didn't print it out in color. I'll take a look at it again on here and see if it helps.
Thanks!
Old 11-19-2010, 07:03 AM

You guys were right. It was pretty easy once I did it. I had myself freaked out for nothing lol. Last question. . .At what point do I sew up the bottom of the lining (the 8 inches that was left open to turn the purse right side out.) I think I might have missed this step somewhere.

Oh and funny story, I accidental put my side ties on as my handles lol. I thought something looked a little off lol. I got a lot of use out my seam ripper last night!
~ Jamie
Old 11-19-2010, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by sock_17
You guys were right. It was pretty easy once I did it. I had myself freaked out for nothing lol. Last question. . .At what point do I sew up the bottom of the lining (the 8 inches that was left open to turn the purse right side out.) I think I might have missed this step somewhere.

Oh and funny story, I accidental put my side ties on as my handles lol. I thought something looked a little off lol. I got a lot of use out my seam ripper last night!
~ Jamie
you can stitch the opening closed any time after you are finished sewing it all together. That was a cute story about putting the bow tucks for the handles.. Now you can make a hard bottom to put in the bottom of the bag and I just use a couple of sheets of plastic canvas and make a sleeve for it and I make it like a pillow case and then put the canvas inside and fold in the opening and set it in the bottom of your purse and your set to go. Let us see your new purse. I bet it is nice. Now if you make more, you will see they are easier to make. Huggies, Fay
Old 11-19-2010, 10:57 AM

I can't wait to go to the store tomorrow to get something to use for the bottom!! Hopefully I'll be posting a finished bow tuck by Monday!
~ Jamie
Old 11-20-2010, 04:00 PM

Might want to buy some more supplies for the next one... they are addicting