Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bow tuck tote

Cool Bow tuck tote

Okay, I am taking a break from quilting. A friend of mine made a bow tuck tote purse and I just love it. Went and bought the pattern from my local quilt shop. Have made 3 so far, so much fun to see the variations using different fabrics. Woke up this morning thinking how cute it would be with a zipper closure instead of the button closure.

Anymore made this change to this pattern? If so, can you advise me how to do it? I am thinking the zipper would need to be sewn to the lining piece.

Thanks!

I thought I saw a tutorial on this here on the board. Try typing in Bow Tuck Purse and you should be able to find it. They are addicting to make and I agree that a zipper would be better on them.
    Sandra

I've done lots of bow tucks and yes, I've put in zippers and snap closures, but the "tucks" can create issues with a zipper. Unless you eliminate the tucks, I really don't recommend adding a zipper because I don't think you will like it. Adding a snap closure is very simple, fast and effective (and you can still add the pretty button to the front!)

Blog Entries
    Here are the links to the tutorials on this board:

Bow Tuck with Zipper

Another tut for Bow Tuck with zipper.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings