Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bow Tucks.....how much quilting?

Bow Tucks.....how much quilting?

I finished my first bow tuck bag and it turned out great. The large multi-colored floral fabric allowed for straight line quilting on the diagonals, lines 1" apart.....not too much, but enough. I enjoyed making that one so much that I dug through my meager stash and found fabric to make another. The fabric for the top part is cream with smallish pink roses and the bottom is a dusty rose color with cream roses/print. I am just not sure how much to quilt on either fabric for this one....am afraid too much will take away from the print of the fabric. I've already done diagonal lines, 2" apart, just one direction. Is this enough? Do I need more? I will wait for your opinions before I start putting parts together. Thanks, in advance!

Rose

Can you show a picture? Is the print large enough that more quilting would not interfer?
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Blog Entries
    Two inches is fine. If you're happy with the way it looks, then go ahead and put it together!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    I have made several BT's and most I haven't quilted. I have a few where I just quilted the front pocket. I am not really experienced in machine quilting, and really don't want to screw them up, and don't want to take the time to hand-quilt. You don't HAVE to quilt them, especially if you think the quilting will take away from the lovely fabrics