Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Brace Yourself

We needed to go into town (Spfld) for a doc appt and since there were so many coupons out, we decided to go into Js for some items. The 40% and 50% coupons really didn't help because the fabric and books were already on sale - 30% and 40$ off. Their REGULAR price is 9.99 per yard, take off 30% puts the price TWICE what I had purchased it before the prices went thru the roof! When I got to the register, I commented that their prices have really gone up and her comment was.."we just received notice that they are going up significantly MORE" I thanked her and said I will NOT be back, have a nice day.

Along with everything else, except our wages!

I know it's tough- I'm on a very fixed income- but I'm afraid you're going to find it everywhere. The local shops have told me that the mfgs have all gone up significantly, so they're having to pick and choose a little more carefully what lines they carry. I'm afraid it goes along with the rest of the economy. One of my LQS's has been running 40% sales off all her fabric, but as you know, most never run sales at all. This lady and her two daughters run it, and she is just a doll, and would rather do more volume and keep her customers happy. Our BIG shop has never run a sale, but they continue to thrive, so there you go!

After seeing the quality at Joann's and the prices, all my money goes to the LQS. I can get high quality batiks for $8.50 a yard. Much rather spend my money there. I just spent $70 for a nice size baby quilt (includes everything except batting) that will last a long time.

i hear today on the radio that cotton and corn are doubling in price. so save your scraps and make mile-a-minute quilts. they are lovely with sashing and anything goes.
    i don't know about the corn.........

Banned
    :(

stitchinwitch, have you looked at FM Store on Sunshine? I was there a couple of weeks ago and he still has his prices down. He said he didn't know how long he was going to be able to keep them down but he is doing all he can not to raise his prices.

You've got to have a pretty sharp eye when looking for fabric but you just can't beat his prices.

Blog Entries
    I found out how much things had gone up when I looked into shipping some fabric to someone on the board. WOW!! The cheapest way to ship is a flat rate box at the post office. UPS used to be cheaper. To ship 5 lbs. of fabric they wanted $27.00!! I suppose we had better get used to this.

Guess that means I be making more scrappy quilts and getting more creative.

Blog Entries
    Prices at our local thrift stores are almost as high as buying on sale at the stores.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast