Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bradley Ultra Quilter? >

Bradley Ultra Quilter?

Bradley Ultra Quilter?

Old 12-05-2013, 08:26 AM

Default Bradley Ultra Quilter?

I received the 6 ft. table for very little $ from a friend who bought it and didn't use it. Now, I know it's a small set up and can likely only do baby quilts and art quilts..maybe a twin, but I figure it will give me an idea if I really like the whole idea of long arming before actually investing in a long arm. And reality can be different than what's in your head. I've used long arms at shows but I figure this will give me a taste of having to load a frame and moving the machine instead of the quilt. Does anyone have this set up? http://www.bradleyquiltco.com/Bradle...raquilter.html
Old 12-06-2013, 04:05 AM

I've never heard of this product. Are you sure they are still in business? It looks like the last show they attended was in 2011.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:45 AM

You don't have to limit yourself to small projects. You can make larger quilts by dividing them in half and quilting each half and then stitching them together - top first, then stitch the batting together and finally hand stitch the backing together or run a machine stitch row down the center to secure the backing. I've often though of taking my frame apart and having it only 6' instead of 12' because of the room it takes up.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by annie123 View Post
I've never heard of this product. Are you sure they are still in business? It looks like the last show they attended was in 2011.
I'm not sure.?? I doesn't really matter to me if they are or not. This is all oak and I doubt any pieces will ever need replacing. I do know that there are a few places like Amazon and a sewing machine online place that are still selling them.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by alleyoop1 View Post
You don't have to limit yourself to small projects. You can make larger quilts by dividing them in half and quilting each half and then stitching them together - top first, then stitch the batting together and finally hand stitch the backing together or run a machine stitch row down the center to secure the backing. I've often though of taking my frame apart and having it only 6' instead of 12' because of the room it takes up.
I doubt I'd ever go to that trouble, but an interesting idea. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
I doubt I'd ever go to that trouble, but an interesting idea. Thanks.
When I first started quilting I didn't have a longarm. I bought Marti Michell's book, Machine Quilting in Sections, and used her methods with my DSM to make large quilts. It isn't that much trouble, and there are several different methods described in her book, along with information that helps you select which method to use on various types of quilts.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:57 AM

I bet you will love it
Old 12-07-2013, 04:55 PM

Here's some pics. Today was set up and trial and error day. I put my 301 on it and it did an adequate job with good stitch quality. This set up will keep me occupied for a bit until I can save the cash I need for a long arm system.
Attached Thumbnails img_8627_2.jpeg   img_8628_2.jpeg   img_8629_2.jpeg   img_8630_2.jpeg  
Old 12-07-2013, 05:23 PM

I think you got a great deal! It is a beautiful set up and looks like a fine quality of furniture...If you ever decide to sell it, PM me!!
Old 12-07-2013, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by quiltjoey View Post
I think you got a great deal! It is a beautiful set up and looks like a fine quality of furniture...If you ever decide to sell it, PM me!!
I did find out they are still in business as I received an e-mail from them. They still carry all replacement parts and this set up. It is a sturdy frame, for sure.