Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brand New BabyLock Symphony >

Brand New BabyLock Symphony

Brand New BabyLock Symphony

Old 11-25-2012, 01:31 AM

Nice machine. I just watched a demonstration on youtube. Enjoy.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:21 AM

OK, you guys are making me feel pretty good about this. I had been going from dealer to dealer and checking out the various brands, but I just stumbled over what I hope was a good deal (not going to say - because maybe it wasn't, but no use worrying about that now
I'm not sure I love the quilting foot with the guide - that little piece of metal just seems to restrict my vision. I assume that with a little time and practice, I'll like it better. I was making these cute little chalkboard fabric placemats for my nieces this morning, and ended up getting out my older Pfaff to finish them up as I was struggling a bit with the feet on the new machine. I don't get my first lesson for another week, but that won't stop me from learning what I can. Already broke - and replaced - my first needle!
Old 11-25-2012, 05:45 PM

Hi
I am guessing you were using the 1/4 foot with the guide........never used it. In my utility stitches I set the first one
# 1-01 to a scant quarter inch, 6.0 width 2.5 length, put it in the memory and this is what I use to piece all my quilts. I just hit the button and it always goes to my setting. I use my J pressure foot and sew with the edge of my foot on the edge of the fabric. I usually do my piecing with a scant 1/4 so that's it is a true qtr. after pressing.
I used the 1-01 as I like to lock my stitches when I need to with the back and forward stitches. There is a quilting 1/4
stitch that is 5.5 setting that you can just use your J foot too, in the Q stitches of utility ones.
How did you break a needle?
Bev
Old 11-26-2012, 06:04 AM

Thanks so much - I worked with the foot with the guide some last night, and getting better with it, but I will definitely check out your advice.