Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: bright pastels

Here's a fabric I bought at Hancock Fabric. didn't see any today tho. might find it online. I haven't looked yet. Has some yellow but not much.Name:  S5000375 (800x600).jpg
Views: 296
Size:  296.3 KB

Coach, what is the line of that fabric, if you would share the information. That is beautiful.

Why do you need another fabric with all those colors? Unless you could find a stripe, you have plenty of floral action going on right now!

Have you checked out the florals at Hobby Lobby? I don't know that they have what you want, I just remember they had really pretty florals there.

ahhh Can't believe I finally figured out how to post pic. i tried to resize so I hope this will be good forgot to ask how about this blue will it work?
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/images/attach/jpg.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Toni C; 09-26-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Looks like you already have those colors together in each of your florals. Your tone on tone green is brighter than the other greens, or is that just the photo? I don't see any blue, so are you wanting to bring the blue in?
    I see large and medium prints so is it the small print you are looking for? I have lots of florals so will check once I know for sure what to look for. Smiles and hugsssssss
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Love your fabric. If I were doing something with it I think I'd look for something to pull out the lavender
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Blog Entries
    Quilter 65, All Moda fabrics... large florals are "antiquity" and small florals are April Cornell.
    Here's the thing. I have a sister who leans towards pastels. I have been collecting (from the board)..... would love to make this into a quilt for her. My problem?? Her whole house is blues. So I'm looking for the possible improbable! A floral that will have the green, pink, lavender and blue with a white background. Background yellows are out. I shy away from adding yellow also, but could be convinced. Yes, the more solid green is darker. Originally I was going to make a log cabin with the green in the center.... until I found out she doesn't like log cabins. May do a rail fence with pinwheels in one corner.
    Saperry, thanks, but I think I need to stay with the same tone pink. Your flowers look like they have red. Could be theh photo!
    Tonic, Your fabric is beautiful... still holding out for the color blend..... Thanks!
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!

Blog Entries
    Mimi, you may be right ........ even though her home is blue
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!

Coach,
    I love your fabrics, I'm a sucker for florals.
    When you're making a quilt, in order for it to successful its not good to try to match everything; it can make for a boring quilt. Also you might try another tone on tone fabric, the eye needs a place to rest every so often.
    Sharon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast